I didn’t actually get a lot done yesterday as where I live we are fighting a wind turbine application, so doing all we can to get the infernal thing refused! (And we did get it refused 2015) Anyway I did want to take a break and out came the trusty Canon camera complete with 24-105 L series and see if I can improve. When I say improve I keep slipping back to using the 55-250 lens which although good should not in theory be able to compete against the 24-105.
So two images today. One is a Bergeranthus glenensis which I have reduced greatly to fit this ERIN pot. I’m going to have to stop saying ‘it is one of my favourite pots.’ It would seem I keep saying it! But then this one is .. a favourite. At just 8cm wide and 6cm deep it reminds me of the ‘Harry Potter sorting-hat.’ Internal is quite a bit smaller at 6cm wide x 4.5cm deep. I truly think Vic at ERIN excelled himself (if that is possible?) when he made this one! Anyhoo, enough prattle, here is as above:
Medium is the new mix: one part smallest C/L. One part small Akadama. One part Melcourt Propagating Bark and one part Kyodama grit. Topped off with aquarium grit which is Roman Gravel. With such an open mix it WILL be impossible to over water. Yesterday the flower refused to open. A quick water and hey presto as if by magic the flower fully opened. It should keep flowering all season. Flower starts pink each day in the closed position and opens Yellow. Not hardy so if you want to have this succulent as an accent you will need to over-winter in a frost-free environment but not heated.
When I put it back in the middle of two other accents I could not resist a shot. Thank you once again for reading my ‘stuff!’
4 thoughts on “Bergeranthus as Accent”
How I love your creations Mike! Beautiful pot of Victor either!
Good luck with fighting the wind turbine 😉
Thank you Youri. I think it needs more than luck though sadly.
Very good accent! Love the one on the left 😉
Thank you very much indeed.
Comments are closed.